Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fit to Play: The Camera Buddy

Have you ever had that moment, or moments, in your life where you just wish someone else would do it for you, whatever “it” is. You know, that time when you just need something or someone to give you that extra boost of motivation. Often, that moment is when you know it’s time to exercise. And, yes, even I have had those moments.


I created a “buddy system” to help me stand up and move. My “buddies” are many. One of them is my camera. Now, for those of you who never thought a camera would be a great compliment to an exercise program, please think again. Digital cameras can capture the best of your steps, whether you are out for a walk in the neighborhood or a hike in the mountains or along the beach, lake or stream.


My camera loves flowers and feet and cloud formations and smiles and hands and trees and…get the picture? (No pun intended!) Best of all, it keeps me moving. I can walk the same sidewalk route every other day and still find opportunities for another shot. This time of year it is fun to look for butterflies or bees in amongst the flowers.


I can hear it now. Yes, the camera will interrupt your walking pace. That's okay. If your camera will get you out and about, up and moving, down and around the neighborhood, you should pat it on the lens and shout, “To digital and beyond!”


Here’s to my Camera Buddy!

Debra Seeck
debra@mzjitterbug.com
www.mzjitterbug.com

No comments: