Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fit to Play:: The Fountain of Youth

I don’t think this is news for you but I am 50 years old. Recently, as within the past month, and on separate occasions, individuals have believed me to be 35. That is a great compliment.


Though I formed Fit to Play as a resource for individuals to create the Adult Recess they desire and fill it with fun and giggles, my recess’ fun and giggles come from dancing. I love to swing dance; West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Balboa, Shag and Lindy Hop plus many other forms of dance.


One of the creators of the Lindy Hop is Frankie Manning. You can see Frankie on youtube.com. He said in a 1997 interview at the age of 81, “Dancing keeps me young and for anyone out there who’s not dancing, better start.” Frankie is now 92 years old. He still dances and he still teaches the Lindy Hop.


The majority of Lindy Hoppers where I live are in the 20s and 30s and I can keep up with them. I find dancing to be one of the best sources of exercise, a fabulous social outlet and the never ending fountain of youth. No creams, potions or pills to turn back the clock for me – just dancing.


Have I convinced anyone to start dancing if you haven’t already? Get in on one of the best “fountains of youth,” – Learn to dance!


Debra Seeck, Lifestyle Fitness and Dance Coach
Fit to Play and Mz Jitterbug
www.mzjitterbug.com debra@mzjitterbug


No comments: