Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Creating Our Own Reality

Hello Magnificent Leading Ladies,

Well, it’s another sunny day here in Salem Oregon and I’m delighted to say that we are currently having a new water heater and heat pump/air conditioning installed…it will be all done by tomorrow evening and we can’t wait to fire up the AC and get our house the fabulous 68 degrees that my Hubby and I both love.

For now, the sounds of our work crew and the unexpected/additional noise of work crews/heavy machinery out front replacing the sewer pipes all down our street is well…let’s just say…less than peaceful.

So as I work in my home office today, I am constantly mindful of my own power to create my reality. My natural response to this noise and chaos is stress and anxiety but my conscious, purposeful choice is to breathe deeply, smile and work in gratitude—knowing that each of these seeming distractions will be gifting me with more reliable plumbing/sewage disposal (in fact this will be true for my neighbors as well), more efficient means of heating our water, more efficient heating of our home in the winter and the blessed cool of the AC! Awe, that drill running right outside my office right now is simply music to my ears.

Challenge/gift of the day:
As you sit reading this blog, I challenge you to take note of your current environment and note your natural response to the variables that are taking place around you. If your responses are all positive than bask in the glory of being in such a beautiful space. If you have natural negative responses to any aspects of your surrounding, I challenge you to find the gift in them by exploring...

Is the variable something
* You can change?
If so, this is a gift because you are now very aware of the fact that it’s something you don’t like and you have the power to change it. When would you like to make this change? Schedule the time and make it so my friend.

* You can appreciate the need/value of?
If so, this is a wonderful time to take note of the reasons you appreciate this aspect of your environment. What does it now, or will it in time, gift you? How fabulous is that?!

* You don’t care to or can’t change?
If so, this is a perfect time to begin a practice of “allowing” this to be what it is and bask in the gratitude you have for all of the other aspects of your environment, situation and life.


In this spirit of loving what is and creating our most beloved reality I leave you with this thought.

“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” - John Lubbock


With love,
Coach Angel

No comments: